[TYPO3-hci] ...was inspiring people to slave, now lets talk turkey...

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Fri Oct 13 13:15:08 CEST 2006

Daniel
:-)

> But why not stick a nice looking donate-Button right to the
> ExtensionManager-Download-Button? So people keep in mind that it made
> much work to develop each extension and the core system.

Since when did people pay their taxes voluntarily?

> The question is for me - is it really FreeSoftware when there's some
> kind of tax on it?

There are many ways of considering the finance question. And for many of
them I would not think it made TYPO3 not free.

As Kasper regularly reminds us, TYPO3 is not actually free money wise it is
just free in the open source sense. There are a great many hidden costs to
a big open source project and there are a great many imaginative ways to
pay for them.

Matthew