[TYPO3-hci] The Paradox of Choice

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Tue Nov 28 15:44:47 CET 2006

JoH asenau schrieb:

> So if we replace "remove" with "hide" in all the posts containing complaints
> about something that is "too much" in TYPO3, I fully agree.
>
> Joey

Well did I ever used the word 'remove' in my post above? ;)

I'm currently not able to reply to your discussion, because I'm going to
write a class work in 2 days and I did not start learning yet. However:
We shouldn't focus mainly on programers, designers and so on, but on a
customer which wants to use T3. Just imagine the situation there's
someone who would like to have a blog. He has looked at Wordpress, but
it's not able to fullfill his wishes. Then he installs T3.. Shock! ;)

To come to a result:
I think something like a 'Are you a professional T3 user?' would be a
good question in the install tool. Depending on your answer, T3 could
start up with all these tiny features, or with a simple and clean
interface to start with..

Someone of you said, that we shouldn't focus on hiding/or removing/...
(i want to let every possibility opened) of possibilities of how to do a
task, but on extending the docs. But how do you want to describe 100
ways of doing one task in a doc or a book? The trees have to grow first,
before you can make paper out of them ;)

Greetings
Andreas