[TYPO3-hci] The Paradox of Choice

Mark Stephenson Mark at WebEmpoweredChurch.org
Tue Nov 28 01:40:49 CET 2006

>So I would really like to hear other opinions ...

The challenge that we have with TYPO3 is that it is powerful but hard
to use. I believe TYPO3 is the most powerful open source CMS in the
world, and if we can make it easier to use then it can be the best
open source CMS in the world.

Unlike Joomla and others, the TYPO3 way is not the way that most
people think. I.T. Professionals are certainly capable of learning
TYPO3, but we should make it easier for them as well. Their time is
valuable and expensive too. In addition, if we can reduce the barrier
to learning TYPO3 and increase productivity then we can enlarge the
TYPO3 community and popularity of TYPO3. That means more extensions,
more training and books, more money for the TYPO3 association, and
more companies wanting to hire people to help with TYPO3. It will
only benefit us all.

I think Jens' powerpoint, http://www.baiz.org/downloads/HCI.pdf, has
many excellent ideas compiled from this group and elsewhere. There, I
do not see dumbing down. Instead I see TYPO3 becoming smarter and
better to serve a growing worldwide community of TYPO3 users.

Mark