[TYPO3-hci] Task

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Nov 24 14:55:59 CET 2006

Hi!

I have a task that needs to be done for 4.1 to improve HCI. There are some
(many?) unlocalized error messages in the Core (eg if a file couldn't be
written or the user had no permission to add an element in a specific
language). These messages need to be found and localized.

I don't think real programming skills are needed to do that. It's just
bring to go through all the code.

It'd be great if someone here on the list would stop building castles in
the air (musing about hypothetical error messages), and did some grunt work
;-) Locate the messages and put down the file name and line number. File a
bug report containing the collected data.

AFAIK it's quite easy to provoke errors (for those). Just fiddle with the
OS file permissions in the file admin and try do do some work with
File>List. Or setup a user with restrictions (eg language or WS) and use
him to work. I'm sure you get some messages in English, where it should be
your native language.

Masi