[TYPO3-hci] [TYPO3] Mysql error...

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Tue Nov 21 21:32:17 CET 2006

Daniel Bruessler schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I think this is a good point. In my newbee-time I had also some
> error-messages what didn't tell me enough.
>
> Maybe there's a better place, but good for a start I think:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/ECT#Better_Error_Messages_by_Exception-handling
>
> Another idea would be to put it as a wishlist-entry at the
> core4-team-page. But in the moment there is no wishlist ;-)
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TYPO3 4-Development
>
> In PHP4 things like that (=exception handling) are not easy enough to
> handle, maybe it will arrive in PHP5.
>
> I'm not a member of core or ect, but of docteam. So it would be a pitty
> to loose good ideas.
>
> cheers!
> Daniel Brüßler
Well it would be nice, to have a doc on what to do, if error XYZ
occurs.. In fact only showing the error doesn't help. It would be better
to know the facts that lead to the error, and of course the actions you
can do, to get rid of it. An easy way would be, to connect the error
messages to the chatroom ('get help in the chat on this error'), to the
bug center ('do an automatic search for patches'), the TER ('try to
update the extension') or any other thing like 'repair database'.. Such
easy steps would make it a lot easier to find a solution.. And of
course: every single one of those actions has to be logged somewhere..

Greetings
Andreas