[TYPO3-hci] PPT Chart 29

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Sun Nov 19 22:04:24 CET 2006

Staffan Ericsson schrieb:
> Franz Koch skrev:
>> A few slides before it was mentioned that the menu currently doesn't
>> look like what it's supposed to look on a website - what typo3 is. Same
>> goes for the whole website ;) It's a website, so why try simmulating a
>> window-manager that even act's and looks different than the one the
>> editor is used to. I don't think there will be a skin providing MacOS-X
>> handling, another one UBUNTU, another one KDE, one WindowsXP or Vista.
>
> With that window manger direction it might end in some application on
> the client side or a bandwidth load that is high.
>
> .staffan
-1
guys: what is the difference between a tab and a window? Of course,
there is one in the visual aspect, but there's noone in the coding. If
you click on a tab bar and the tab opens, it's the same as if you click
on a bar where all your windows are shown. The only difference is, that
a windows has to get dynamic functions like moving around, resizing,
etc.. But this can be done with a little bit of JS. So in the end it's
the same if you use tabs or windows.. In my opinion we should give the
user both ways. For me, the window way is much more compfortable,
because i can view on many things at the same time and test things much
faster. If i would have to go through tabs, it'll take much more time to
  - e.g. create a new chc-forum and configure everything and create the
pages...

Greetings
Andreas