[TYPO3-hci] GUI Toolkit Qooxdoo

Franz Koch typo at fx-graefix.de
Wed Nov 15 11:36:15 CET 2006

Hi,

first. I just stumbled over this list and find it very interessting. Unfortunately I'm to late to join the team :(

@ QooXdoo

Yes, it looks nice - but I'm for myself no friend of a pure JavaScript driven gui that doesn't use basic html (no real tables, no real dropdowns etc.) as it will never be accessible. And for me a major wish for the future is that the backend would be accessibile (which will also improve useability in most cases) and fully templateable to be able to provide not only different skins but really different interfaces (implemented as extensions).
- one with all the blown up web2.0 stuff - skinable for the different OSs or whatever you like (default)
- one simplyfied for purists like me
- one really accessible interface for blind or disabled people!

Drag'n'drop and that DHTML/Web2.0 stuff are nice gimmics - but in my eyes not really necessary for useability. Useability for an editor means in my eyes:
- a light-weight understandable interface
- a context sensitive menu/functions-area where all currently possible things he can do are shown
- a consistent workflow for almost any action he will have to do (doesn't have to be a wizard, but rather work in the same way)
- no cryptic developer-based explanaitons.

I haven't searched the whole NG for currently planed features (maybe some of them are allready planned) - but that would be my "wishlist".

PS: almost every of my clients didn't get the point why there is web->page and web->list to manage content. I think the different "views" of the content have to be implemented in a different way.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch