[TYPO3-hci] new skin

Thomas Murphy murphy at spreekonzept.de
Mon May 29 12:50:07 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Andreas Balzer schrieb:
>
>> As already mentioned in the design group, the skin of lasse with the
>> dhtml pop out menu would be nice to see in TYPO3 4.5.
>

> Let's make a new skinning API first (including a MVC coding style).

+1

... and maybe also think about an API which enables developers to define
BE-Interfaces in TypoScript - maybe do the whole Backend in TypoScript,
so the backend is generated by the engine itself.
Would have a wonderful side-effect on fe-editing, since the fe and be
would be the same and offer the same functionalities.

> As for the skin, maybe we could integrated the some UI features into the
> current skin. I would not start switching skins every version now. Let's
> stick to "t3skin" until 5.0.

Yes, please.
All work and no play makes Tom a dull boy.

bye,
Thomas