[TYPO3-hci] Less ways to do it...

Irene Höppner ih at abezet.de
Tue May 23 17:11:23 CEST 2006

> harder. I'd be really interested in how many people have ever used moint
> points, spacer and recycler (and would miss them for other reasons than
> legacy...). Maybe we should make a survey of unused features...

We used moint points and also spacer in a few projects. It's not very
often, but that's what makes Typo3 so great: you can use it even for
not-standard-projects. Removing features should really not be the focus,
if we don't want to get rid of one big strength of Typo3.

The possibility to reduce the Backend for some Editors is a must have.
Reducing the backend admistritators and developers should be done where
possible without doing compromises to functionality and flexibility.

However I don't think the amount of features should be a problem for an
admistrator or a developer - this kind of ppl should be able to ignore
features they don't want to use yet, otherwise they might not be qualified
for the job... ?

But there are some great things which are pretty hard to find (like the
little plus in the list module to show more fields in the list) and others
that are rather less important. Those should be sorted out...

Greets,
Irene

--
Irene Höppner