[TYPO3-hci] Less ways to do it...

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue May 23 10:55:27 CEST 2006

Martin Ficzel wrote:
> Michael Scharkow schrieb:
>> 3. If we follow #2, we can remove the distinction between list and page
>> for any other options if the functionality (=clipboard and sorting
>> mostly) is there.
>
> i'm not shure but it's true that it's hard to explain to some redacteurs
> that the list view and the page view reflext the same data.

The point is: They *don't* reflect the same data. Pages contain only
content elements whereas sysfolders contain news, users, categories,
etc. btu no content elements. I think the current way that content
elements are listed in list view along non-displayed elements like users
is far more confusing.

> i would suggest to put the old features/templates into a compatibility
> extension wich has to be installed by users wich want the old stuff.

Has been done a long time ago already.

Cheers,
Michael