[TYPO3-hci] TS editor

Pavel Antonov softzilla at richmd.ru
Thu May 18 12:37:47 CEST 2006

> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I dream about TS editor that looks like Java (and to some extent PHP)
>> editor in Eclipse: syntax highlighting, autocomplete, syntax check,
>> suggestions. But I afraid this is not possible without involving Java,
>> which will make TS editor very heavy.

> Don't you think this would be a nice job for "rtehtmlarea" ... Just a few
> tweaks which are already possible so it behaves like a text-area ... remove
> all "Markup" buttons and rather add TS-specific buttons ...

IMHO, Using RTE for TS Editor bad idea. RTE works only with HTML and
nothing else, and have fixed behavior during editing text.
It will require:
1) Code TS syntax to view in HTML
2) Disable standard browser behavior for RTE (if it possible at all)
3) Write on fly JScipt code transformation (TScript -> HTMLed TScript ->
   TScript)

I have agree with Dmitry... This is very hard to implement.

I suggest to use Flash for this task. Flash is standard de facto,
quick, small size, rich in functions.

--
Pavel Antonov