[TYPO3-hci] standard content elements, page module

Peter Huppertz peter at futurmat.com
Wed May 17 09:56:58 CEST 2006

Hi Peter!

> another thougt is, to define the looking of the BE page module via a
> HTML template giving you the possibility to place the columns where you
> want instead of displaying the columns next to each other. (could be
> also connected with the page template selector module)
> with this functionality you could make the BE page module to look
> similar to the FE-view - which makes it easier for the editor to create
> new content elements at the right place/column.

good point. It's quite hard to explain people that the outer left column
will be displayed on top of the page and the middle column will be the
left one in the frontend and so on. Actually I done that for a lot of
people ...

Then I got about this extension: TemplaVoila BE-Layout. That does
exactly what you want (but only for TemplaVoila, which you don't like).
For now it needs some handwriting to design the be-layout but that could
be improved by using some similar automatism like it's used in TV when
mapping the fe-layout-template. I think this possibility should be a
core feature of TV.

Another possibility will be to concentrate more on fe-editing. There you
got the real layout.

Greets

Peter