[TYPO3-hci] Consistency between programs

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Thu Jun 8 21:15:48 CEST 2006

Hi Matteo and the rest,

> I think that a good usability improvement of Install tool/configuration
> with very LITTLE effort would be:

I do not know if filling in all the explanation of every configuration
item can really be done with "very LITTLE effort", but I agree with
every point made here with at least 100%.

> 1) fill the explanations of every configuration item: who will change
> the value of "niceFlexFormXMLtags" or "pageCacheToExternalFiles" if
> can't understand what this means (lacking every explanation)? (me,not) :)

+100 short message and more info if you are unable to understand the
explanation (take into account as well, that not all of us are familiar
with X-based systems, perhaps there some link for more info)

> 2) tab the configuration section (SYSTEM, BACKEND, etc) (perhaps
> Sebastian or Karsten worked on this, I don't remember clearly)
> 3) Add explanation in the "Database Analyzer" step (for "Compare with
> TCA", "Reset User Preferences", "Clear Table")
> 4) In the main menu, section Tools, rename "Install" to "Global
> Configuration" or similar.

+100 The current list is much too long, perhaps it would be a good idea,
to have an alphabetical register of some kind, something which is
scanned easily.

> Last but not least: I think that "Configuration" (in the "Tools"
> section) would be a great tool if we can modify values, not only see
> them...but I think this need an effort not so little :)
+100 (This I suppose, is really easy)

Ciao, Uschi