[TYPO3-hci] BE vs FE

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Jul 31 23:52:33 CEST 2006

Waldemar Kornewald wrote:
> On 7/31/06, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
>
>> > The editor can display images, so why not icons?
>>
>> Icons collection for actions or how?
>> One CMS put raw [marker], which are really bad.
>

> Yes, I don't like raw [markers] either. I thought about having a
> simple image which looks like a button
.

There is need for separate content areas.
I have done implementation, where there was content areas above, on the
left and on the right side of a navigation!

In the same page can be even four different navigation and
navigation can be anywhere.

There was also fixed *limiter* between content areas.

You idea could work as *separate plugin*,
where all content can be inside *one square*.
It is not impossible to create a plugin, which you need
for typo - but idea of one WYSIWYG for the entire page
simple doesn't work as the basic designing consept for typo3.

> The UI would still show the configuration in-place.

of course using layers or pop-up windows

> I still think that a good editor can solve all problems (there are
> AJAX-based office suites, so *everything* is possible), but I won't
> suggest this, anymore. Let's stick with the record-based scheme, but
> simplify it. For example, every new page should have a text record, by
> default, so you can get started immediately.

agains typo3 idea to have freedom to select what to put into each page.
I know that many people don't like that idea.
Every new page can have - and have as default in Backend - icon create
new content. But it should be text - not a good idea.

> many different record types? "Text with image below", etc...

some of record types in the wizard are redundant - in fact there
is two items for the *same* content type (text with images).

> simply "Text" and a list of modules (Filelinks, Form, Image-Array,
> News, Forum, etc.). Images and tables should be insertable right
> within the editor.

yes they can - special table element makes it just differently
It is possible to disable all unnecessary content types from ordinary
users - admin users must tolerate all stuff.
It is not a problem to take off unnecessary stuff off - just extra work
for admin.