[TYPO3-hci] Saving default main and submodules into cookie

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Dec 31 14:15:04 CET 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:04:52 +0200, Tapio Markula wrote
with subject "[TYPO3-hci] Saving default main and submodules into cookie":

> Hi
>
> I added feature to save the sub and main module information.
> If you use the topmenu, it is with certain setting possible to save the
> last active main module (related sub-modules
> are then visible) *and* last used sub-module as the default main and sub
> module.
> When you for example have last time used
> File > Images , in next session you open Typo3 so that in the main
> module 'File' is open on top
> and related module opened as default starting module.
>
> Would that be nice in Typo3 as default?

I think it would be a nice feature, but why storing in cookies?
Some sites I'm accessing from different computers. On every computer I get
another startscreen? sounds disturbing. :-(

Why not storing this data in the BE-user-data (serialized)?
So I can continue work from every computer.

Bernd