[TYPO3-ect] Announcing TER cleanup process

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Jan 30 00:48:15 CET 2013

Hi Simon,

Simon Schaufelberger (Schaufi) wrote:

> when i code an extension lets say for 4.5 and it is still compatible
> with 4.6, ... and 6.0, do I have to make for every new TYPO3 major
> version also an extension update (upload it again to TER) even if
> nothing has changed in the code?

Currently yes, but it is planned to provide an interface for extension
authors.
I think (hope) it will be ready till august, so you do not have to upload
your extension again.

On the other hand, I think that only a few extensions do not need to be
modified after dropping an old TYPO3 version. There is always something to
clean up (maintain) in your extension.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!