[TYPO3-ect] new version of smartyView

Simon Tuck stu at rtpartner.ch
Tue Oct 9 18:58:02 CEST 2007

Hi list,
Ok. I apologize for the delay, but it took a while. I needed to get my
head around the lib/div framework and I have also completely rewritten
extension 'rtp_smarty'. I am currently working on the documentation and
hope to have that up by the end of the week.
Briefly I have made the following changes:

* Updated to the current version of Smarty (2.6.18)
* Added integration for both the pi_base and the lib/div scenario (in
particular with regard to the translation plugin getLL and LLL and to
the setting of the correct templates dir)
* Revised all of the plugins in the directory typo3_plugins. I have also
added some new plugins and removed some which were either broken or
redundant. Note: I believe the framework for the typo3_plugins is much
improved now, but as a consequence the backwards compatibility of a few
of the plugins is *broken*. So please be careful.
* Added a customized debug console which should work inside the Smarty
fetch command and provides debug information relevant to the current
Smarty template and TYPO3 extension. The debug console can be activated
by setting $smarty->debugging = true or adding the tag {debug} in your
template.

If you have the time and the inclination I'd appreciate any feedback, in
particular regarding the debug console.
You can get the update here:
https://typo3xdev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/typo3xdev/tx_rtpsmarty/trunk

I'll let you know when I have completed the documentation...
Cheers,
Simon