[TYPO3-ect] Controller for Typo3

Thu Mar 23 21:31:06 CET 2006

Michael Scharkow schrieb:
> Joerg Schoppet wrote:
>
>> Joerg Schoppet schrieb:
>>
>>> Is it ok from an oo-point, that a controller returns a view-object?
>>>
>> Or should/must the controller returns the resulting output?
>

> I'd say yes because the caller (TYPO3 with tt_content etc.) should be
> ignorant of the implementation of view. Of course, we could by
> convention call $returnObj->render instead of returning a string but
> what would be the use? Post-processing?
>
> Greetings,
> Michael

Assuming that we make different extensions:

a) Applications that work like command line tools and return objects.

b) Views that work like Gnome/KDE Frontends, that communicate to the
command line like applications and display the objects.

Where would we place the controller that is called by TYPO3?

Into a) wich calls a view b) for displaying?
Into b) wich calls the application a)?

Regards

Elmar