[TYPO3-extbase] FLUIDTEMPLATE

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Feb 26 20:21:39 CET 2013

Hello !

I hope this is the correct newsgroup for this question:

I would like to try using "FLUIDTEMPLATE" for a new page template.

Do you suggest this as ready for production use or would you rather
suggest using "fedext" fluidpages or soemthing else.

Do you use Fluid for v4/v6 projects yourself or do you rather use
TemplaVoila or traditional templating?

My basic problem is the following: I do not want to modify the HTML
templates we got from our designer. As far as I understood Layouts,
Templates and Partials it is like this:

* A template is the thing you reference from within the FLUIDTEMPLATE
cObject or an extension/plugin
* A partial is something like an included sub-template
* A "layout" is something like a wrapper template

But this doesn't help me with the problem I wrote about: No changes to
the HTML template (of course except <f: tags). This is something I
learned to love with TemplaVoila. "jost" on #typo3 suggested to have an
completly empty layout simply referencing a <f:section> tag directly
below the <body> tag of the page-template.

This works but I assume this is not how it should get used.

greetings,
Bernhard Kraft