[TYPO3-edu] E-Learning for TYPO3

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Sun Apr 19 15:54:26 CEST 2009

Andi
in TER are quite a lot of extensions you could use for an eLearning
environment. We did homeschooling in IMCT (International Montessori Charter
Training) with TYPO3 and it worked brilliant. I spoke about using TYPO3 for
eLearning on a couple of  intl. Conferences here in Asia.
During the Tsunami Relief we developed a portable package based on TYPO3 and
WOS which enabled schools to produce content offline where there wasn't an
internet access available (i.e. good for fieldworkers having their portable
server in the pocket/stick) Unfortunately the project couldn't be continued
due to absolutly no sponsorship even the schools liked it much and 50 MIO
German Donation Money which has never been seen I guess ;-).

Depending on what you wanna do TYPO3 is a good tool but for a real ONLY
online course environment I would use moodle in comparison with mahara. It
is much faster to realize and compatibility is much better.

In US (have forgotten the name) there is someone who has already integrated
Moodle mostly into TYPO3, ask Gregory from mediatech!

If you are looking for more than only an eLearning but also a good
presentation and working surrounding for creating content - especially for
schools than I would use TYPO3.

Andi