[TYPO3-edu] The most unwanted... ;)

Gina Steiner steiner at akea.de
Thu Jul 12 12:02:07 CEST 2007

> Hi Gina

hi andi,

> Thanks or replying so fast

dito.

> I looked to your pages but actually I am still not really clear what the
> goal is! Beside updating a website ;-)

this is the main goal: provide information what typo3 can give regarding
education and for sure what it can't give (yet).

> How do you work with schools, how do you train teachers - do you offer
> training at all. Teachers are no developers so they need trainers who can

we want to avoid redundancy, there will be a lot of sections on the
parent websites (.org/.com) about books, videos, consultancies... and we
will link to this information.

another idea: connect students (and their dipolma thesis) to developers
(as a kind of mentoring)

> explain them in simple term what TYPo3 is all about. Is there a plan to
> build up connections between schools using tYPo3. We i.e. try to build up
> complete schoolpartnerships using tyPO3 as communicational way.

not yet but if you are interested in building up such a cooperation jump
in! i like that idea and would try to support you.

> We train teachers and students in very different ways. for the students it
> is more a game working with TYPO3
> Have you ever thought about using TYPO3 as universal tool for teachers.
> http://www.google.com/search?q=andreas+becker+thailand&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

i don't get: "universal tool for teachers"

what i can imagine is an interface where people used to typo3 can get
information and in touch with non-profit-organizations for supporting
them. e.g. "some western student guy" (or whatever) knowing typo3 is
interested in offering a kind of "workshop" and visiting asia. he has
the knowhow, his laptop, his ticket and some time (<- this is why i
first of all think of students). "some asian non-profit-organization
guy" has the location, the audience, and a place where this student can
stay for free and so the possibility to connect the student to the locals.

btw since i would do such an "exchange" as well, there might be other
non-students playing with this idea...

> here you can find some publications
>
> What about translating the pages of your website. At the moment it is only
> English and German. - Our people can't speak much English and nearly no
> German but many can read chinese.

good point. i speak only a little chinese - ni hao ma? wo de hanyu bu
hao! - i just started learning ;-)
why don't you build up a chinese version since you seem to have the best
preconditions? like e.g. http://typo3.ru

> Is EDU.typo3.org only concentariting on western culture or also trying to
> reach people in underdeveloped asian, southamerican and african countries?
> TYPO3.org could helpto get education for all up and going :-)

you try to engage me in a political discussion ;-) that's fine with me
but not necessary - you'll know that if we meet some day :-)

> http://t3n.yeebase.com/magazin/ausgaben/artikel/hindernisse-ueberwinden/
> http://www.thaisnews.com/news_detail.php?newsid=141637
>
> Andi

best gina