[TYPO3-edu] Design?

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Mon Jan 1 13:04:13 CET 2007

Claudio Cathomen [ICSurselva AG] schrieb:
> Hi together
>
> I am actually templating.
>
> Again, the hat is NOT part of the design but it's just example content
> (like the whole It's easy as ABC part)...
> See:
>
>> I have published 2 new Screenshots. It's both times the same Layout,
>> only difference is the head picture. The head picture can change
>> random or depending on the page tree. The "It's easy as ABC {hat.gif}"
>> is just content, so don't get disturbed about it.
>
> The links again:
>
> http://edu.typo3.com/fileadmin/edu/styles/Layout3_bus.jpg
> http://edu.typo3.com/fileadmin/edu/styles/Layout3_kids.jpg
>
> I try to finish templating until end of next week.
>
> greetings
> Claudio
>

> Gina Steiner schrieb:
>> hi sander,
>>
>> moodle.org convinced me skipping the hat.
>> i'm just waiting for claudio with new information about the status of
>> templating/programming. sorry if you were waiting for a comment. i
>> thought design is decided.
>>
>>  > no coments for that? so i start work on templating and programming
>>
>> have a nice evening
>> gina

Hi!
I don't know whether this group is open for volunteers, however: I would
like to offer my help. As the webmaster (and a student) of
Edith-Stein-Schule Erfurt (www.ess-erfurt.de) I think I could contribute
with my knowledge.

So if my help is wanted, just read on, if not.. just ignore this posting ;)

OK. I would preffer the image with the bus because the colors do match
more with the template than the image with the kids. Of course, an edu
site should show what it's all about (kids), but if you go to that page
as a webmaster of a school, as a headmaster or any other teacher, I
think the image with the bus makes it clear what T3 usage is  all about:
Getting the website further and on a higher level.

But - I would like to say that too - it's important not to only focus on
the 'we would like to see your website made by T3'.. On pages that talk
about kids, or pages that are made for kids (like an easy online
tutorial about how to write an article or something..) an image with
people they are used to know (pupils, students) is better than an image
that shows the big and yellow and frightening bus that takes the little
kids into the unwanted and almost hell-like school ;) (well I don't talk
about ours here, but some kids don't want to go to school.. you know?)

OK. That's my opinion on this topic. If my help  or comments are wanted,
just send me an eMail. I will contribute as much as I can, because
"TYPO3 - Inspiring people to share!"

Greetings from Germany
Andreas Balzer