[TYPO3-edu] New Site, Content Tree

Gina Steiner steiner at akea.de
Tue Nov 21 12:33:41 CET 2006

hi all,
thanks to denis for starting the discussion.

> 1. home/ intro-
>   - TYPO3.edu news

i don't know if we'll have enough news for that.

>   - the main TYPO3 features + the things suitable for academic
> organizations (in brief)

that sounds good, a brief introduction not very specific (no names of
extensions) also for schools or boarding schools...
more specific information under 3.) to avoid redundancy. i would suggest
some general information concerning edu relevant typo3 stuff. what's
possible and for sure what's not possible (yet) with typo3.

> 2. TYPO3 for Educational institutions
> Beyond traditional CMS features TYPO3 provides things which make it
> idial for educational institutions:
>   - diffirent standards and specifications (SCORM, IMS) compatibility
>   - Academic Calendar extention
>   - Library extention
>   - News & Events extention
>   - community extention
>   - event registration extention
>   - integration with Moodle via single signon
>   - e-learning extentions (test, quizzes, polls etc.)
>  some other things...

does it make sense to list extensions because they change so fast?
some idea we had at the dev: is it possible to categorize the ter like
it is done with the agencies listed on typo3.org?
@claudio: did you get any information about that?
so it would be easy to list all extensions categorized as "educational"
from the ter.

> 3. target groups
>   - teachers
>   - students
>   - those who manage the project
>   - IT personnel

i would prefer that

> or
>
> types of projects
>   - campus portal
>   - University/college portal
>   - e-learning portal
>   - students portal
>   - library

i think these are listed with the examples

> 4. examples/ case studies/ references
>   - educational institutions using TYPO3 (are there Universities from
> english speaking countries?)
> 5. TYPO3 for you (Support)
> 6. Imprint

i think the topic "E-Learning with TYPO3" is useful, because the buzz
word e-learning is used. i think people are looking for that.

> Best regards,
> Denis

regards
gina