[TYPO3-dam-devel] is DAM 1.2.4 compatible with new TYPO3 version 4.7?

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at wunderknaben.com
Thu May 3 16:52:43 CEST 2012

Am 25.04.2012 17:54, schrieb Franz:
> to the Digital Asset Management (DAM) team:
>
> Question: is DAM 1.2.4 compatible with new TYPO3 4.7?
>
> on http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-dam it mentions:
> Refactoring for TYPO3 4.7: the DAM is currently undergoing a large
> refactoring (and in parts a rewrite) with the target version TYPO3 4.7,
> to be released in April 2012.
>
> My experiences with DAM so far
>
> I've previously tried to get this version of DAM to work in TYPO3 4.6.5
> and although I could install DAM and related extensions, indexing & meta
> extraction did not work. Under Media > Tools all services had an error
> flag.

I can confirm this on two different TYPO3 installations running TYPO3
4.6.8 and 4.7.0. The necessary service extensions are installed, and the
required external tools are available. I've also tried setting binPath
and binSetup to no avail.

When I upload a PDF file, I get an error message:

"Meta record could not be inserted: These fields are not properly
updated in database: (description) Probably value mismatch with fieldtype."

Tne database checker in the install tool says that all tables and fields
are ok.

The Admin Tools > Reports module says that the services are ok when
"Installed Services" is selected.

Maybe someone with working services could post her/his configuration?