[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #0018163: DAM detects wrong color_space (RGB / CMYK) in some cases

Björn Pedersen pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Fri Jun 10 17:19:15 CEST 2011

Am 10.06.2011 10:32, schrieb Lorenz Ulrich:
> Hi Andy
>
> Thanks for your patch. Could you please tell me why it is limited to EPS
> and TIFF files? Is color space recognition OK for other formats?
>
> Lorenz
>
> Am 10.06.2011 10:15, schrieb Andy Grunwald [wmdb]:
>> Am 03.06.2011 11:09, schrieb Andy Grunwald [wmdb]:
>>> Version 2 attached.
>>> Changes:
>>> - Limitation to eps and tiff files
>>
>> REMINDER #1

 After reading the link, this way of detection is specific to the TIFF
format ( and there also for eps with embedded TIFF)

Actually eps not containing just an embedded tiff can have the following
colour spaces (these can even be per object):

PostScript Level 1: deviceRGB, deviceCMYK, deviceGray (hence the old
quip that PostScript doesn't have any color management).

PostScript Level 2: deviceRGB, deviceCMYK, deviceGray, CIELab,
calibratedRGB, calibratedGray.

PostScript Level 2 version 17: deviceRGB, deviceCMYK, deviceGray,
CIELab, calibratedRGB, calibratedCMYK, calibratedGray.

PostScript 3: See PostScript Level 2 version 2017.

http://lists.apple.com/archives/colorsync-users/2001/Oct/msg00569.html

Björn