[TYPO3-dam-devel] FYI24 #15078: Add TSConfig documentation

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Tue Jan 25 22:35:56 CET 2011

Hi Dan

Now I managed to open it. Some remarks:

*page 4:*
"This document is a work in progress.
The most up to date version of this documentation can be found at:
http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/extension-dam/Documentation"

Is that really the case? In the DAM meeting we decided that manual.swx
will be kept up-to-date.

*page 5:*
Is not up-to-date. My suggestion:

DAM 1.2 requires TYPO3 version 4.5 and the third-party extension
static_info_tables, so you might want to install this extension first.

If you use TYPO3 < 4.5, you can import version 1.1.8 from the TYPO3
Extension Repository. It requires at least TYPO3 4.2.10.

Installing needed extensions
--> wouldn't "Installing recommended extensions" be better? You don't
really need them, they're just nice to have.

Optional Extensions:
I would remove cc_langguess and cc_textcat.

*page 10:*
New screenshot (because of 16896) is attached. As a consequence change
the terms in the option explanations:

Enable File>Filelist
When DAM is installed all file operations go through DAM. A new module
appears in your main menu called Media. The File>Filelist module is hidden.

If you want to reenable the traditional File module, go to the Extension
Manager, click the title Media (DAM) and check Enable File>Filelist.

*page 45, module configuration:*
Include hideFoldersByRegex (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14504)

*page 44:*
add paragraph "Disable Upload in RTE for media links and images"

If you want to disable the upload field in the element browser, put the
following line into your page TSConfig:

   // Disable Upload and Drag&Drop tabs for images
RTE.default.buttons.image.options.removeItems = upload
   // Disable Upload tab for media links
RTE.default buttons.link.options.removeItems = media_upload

---

add paragraph "Disabling tabs in image element browser"

If you want to disable tabs in the RTE insert image dialogue, use the
following TSconfig:

RTE.default.buttons.image.options.removeItems = media_plain,
media_magic, media_dragdrop, media_upload
//or
RTE.default.blindImageOptions = media_plain, media_magic,
media_dragdrop, media_upload

----

add paragraph "Setup styles for media links"

In order to enable users to choose the style of a media link, use the
following TSconfig setup for RTE:

RTE.classesAnchor {
     download {
         class = download
         type = media
         titleText = [yourTitleText]
         target = _blank
     }
}

In difference to the classic file module, you need to set type = media
(instead of type = file)

*page 51:*
All the known problems are solved by now. Remove them.

*page 54:*
Sponsoring, remove: "There is also a proposal for additional changes in
combination with the Rich Text Editor."

*page 56:*
Remove ChangeLog table.

*general*
Set a link to
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-dam/wiki/Notes-for-Documentation
with a hint that pending documentation and additional hints can be found
there.

Best regards,

Lorenz