[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #16809: Cannot modify media links in rtehtmlarea

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Tue Jan 25 20:31:10 CET 2011

Hi Stan

 > This is surprising. The toolbar and the context menu should lead to the
 > same dialogue.
 >
 > Anyways, +1 from reading.

You're right. I was just confused about the browser differences:

In Firefox, if you double-click a link, the linked text is selected.
When you click the link button in the toolbar, you have "Modify link".

In Safari and Chrome, after doing the same you have "Modify link".

 > What version of TYPO3 is required by DAM 1.1, and with what version of
 > TYPO3 was this patch tested?

DAM 1.1 needs at least TYPO3 4.2.10.
For TYPO3 4.2-4.3 the patch is not needed. Modifying a link replaces it
completely (txdam-attribute is completely erased). I tested the patch
anyway and it doesn't break anything on 4.2.

The patch is needed for TYPO3 4.4 and higher - but for 4.5 we will
release DAM 1.2 and Wednesday.

Best regards,

Lorenz