[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #12360: Make DAM use original filename as indexed title

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Sun Jan 23 01:35:44 CET 2011

Hi DAM people,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: Feature

Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12360

Branches: trunk

Problem:
RFC #10408 will introduce the use of cleanFileNames for non-UTF-8
systems. In those umlauts are converted, i.e.

mein_glühwürmchen.jpg

will become

mein_gluehwuermchen.jpg

DAM uses the stored filename to generate the title when indexing. There
is already some magic added (like converting underscores to spaces,
removing file extension) so until now the title field would be

mein gluehwuermchen

But we are still missing the umlauts that are no problem in the TYPO3
database.

Solution:
The attached patch saves the original filename to the backend user
session and reads it again when indexing the file. So after all the file
name would be

mein glühwürmchen

If you have UTF8filesystem enabled and forceCharset set to utf-8, it
will already be this way.

Comment:
This fix only reverts some stuff from the original version of this
patch. I introduced this by accident when commiting #14724 (with rev.
34417).

Best regards,

Lorenz