[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #15005: browsetree -> folders: Use natcasesort for folder sorting

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Fri Jan 21 18:51:55 CET 2011

Hi everyone!

This is an SVN patch request.

Branches: 1.1 + trunk

Type: no-brainer

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15005

Problem:
It would be nice if the default sorting of folders in tree view would be
alphabetically sorted and case insensitive.

Solution:
That could be easily achived by using natcasesort() instead of sort() in
components/class.tx_dam_selectionFolder.php, see attached patch ...
maybe special characters still need to be checked. .

Comments:
It would be nice to have a human readable sorting for files, too, but
this is a little bit more complicated. So we can to that in a new RFC.

This tiny patch was made by Christian Kuhn.

+1 by testing. Since only one review is needed, I will commit it in 24
hours if there are no objections.

Best regards,

Lorenz