[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #15197: Multi–language categories

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Tue Jan 18 15:06:52 CET 2011

Hey Dmitry

 >> I tested your patch and it worked just fine, the pages were translated
 >> and I could translate categories.
 >>
 >> But: As far as I can see, the UPDATE! page in the EM should tell me what
 >> it did but it just said that there were no changes necessary. Can you
 >> double-check that?
 >
 > I think it means that you do not need updates. Most of those updates are
 > for very old DAM version. The one I really added is about localization.
 > But than happens only if it is necessary.

It definitly did something. I started testing the patch with a
non-localized media page. After going to the UPDATE section, it was
localized, but it didn't tell me that anything was done.

 >> Working with multi-language categories I noticed that if you translate a
 >> category in root level (having no parent category assigned) the
 >> localized version displays "<em>[No title]</em>" as parent category. I
 >> attached a screenshot to demonstrate. Do you have any clue if this is a
 >> DAM or a TYPO3 problem?
 >
 > Hmmm. There should be a tree control there, not a text box.

Are you sure? I think in the localized version there is no possibility
to change the parent category assignement. It just bothers me that its
not empty as it should be.

Lorenz