[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #0016543: batch edit not working in Typo3 4.5

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Fri Jan 7 15:49:00 CET 2011

Hi Bjoern

The causing problem for this bug was never entirely solved and we need
to do it now.

It doesn't have anything to do with TYPO3 versions, only with browser
versions.

Setting

$this->pObj->doc->form = null;

is/was no real solution.

After doing that, you will find out that in Internet Explorer 8 (running
in IE8 mode, not in a compatibility mode) the Media>List module is
completely broken.

The problem is that we have nested form tags in the Media>List module:

<form>
    TABLE
    Field selector with <form></form>
    Search with <form></form>
    etc.
</form>

(By the way, we don't have this problem in Media>File, because we only
have checkboxes with onClick actions there.)

So I think to have a clean solution we need to get this structure:

<form>
    TABLE
</form>
Field selector with <form></form>
Search with <form></form>
etc.

So we still can't use $this->pObj->doc->form because according to
template.php this is "useful when you need a form to span the whole page".

So my solution is to wrap only the list table:

// wraps the list table with the form
$content .= tx_dam_SCbase::getFormTag();
$content .= $dblist->getListTable();
$content .= '</form>';

The attached fix should solve the JavaScript/browser related issues and
fix it for "all" browsers and TYPO3 versions.

Best regards,

Lorenz