[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #13641: Use new TYPO3 4.3 hook for preview images in page module

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jul 12 10:20:03 CEST 2010

Hi!

This is SVN patch request.

Type: tweak

Branches: trunk, may be 1.1.x (needs Dan's decision, see below)

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13641

Problem: dam_ttcontent XCLASSes tx_cms_layout to show related media. TYPO3
4.3 has a hook for that. In addition XCLASS does not work with TemplaVoila.
Also it makes sense to always show images.

Solution: use the attached patch to:
- remove xclass
- use the hook
- remove the switch from EM configuration to enable this functionality
- raise TYPO3 version requirement for dam_ttcontent to 4.3.0

I need Dan's decision on applying this to trunk only or to 1.1.x too
because of that last point. TYPO3 4.2 is obsolete but still widely used. If
we raise dam_ttcontent TYPO3 requirement to 4.3, it will not install with
4.2 (well, it will but with warnings). On the other hand we should really
look forward and use supported TYPO3 versions. So I would apply this to
1.1.x too but I leave this to Dan to decide :)

This is one of Snowflake patches to DAM.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member