[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #14022: Bug: tx_dam_softrefproc completely overrides t3lib_softrefproc

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Wed Apr 7 23:10:19 CEST 2010

Hi Peter,

schrieb Peter Kuehn [wmdb] am 07.04.10 12:42:
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14022
>
> Branches:
> 1.1 and trunk
>
> Problem:
> the comment for t3lib_softrefproc::findRef() reads: "Main function
> through which all processing happens".
> tx_dam_softrefproc extends t3lib_softrefproc but returns false as
> default instead of parent::findRef()
>
> Solution:
> return parent::findRef($table, $field, $uid, $content, $spKey,
> $spParams, $structurePath)

I would be very surprised if you did encounter any problems caused by
that piece of code.

SoftrefParser classes are registered for distinct SoftrefParser types.
E.g. that's done in EXT:dam in binding/softref/ext_localconf.php. So
tx_dam_softrefproc::findRef() is only called for those DB fields that
have a relation to EXT:dam. For the "default types" like typolinks in
RTE contents the class t3lib_softrefproc will still be used.

So -1 from me.

Cheers
Thorsten

--