[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #12408: Integrate flash uploader into DAM

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Fri Oct 30 21:30:21 CET 2009

Dan Osipov wrote:
> Team,
>
> This is a SVN patch request.
> Branches: trunk, 1.1 (?)
> BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12408
>
> TYPO3 4.3 has a great new flash uploader, which can be enabled by a BE
> user. DAM should make use of this feature.
> Thanks Benni for great work on the uploader!

Well - for some few minutes I was unsure if I've applied the patch. I
was switching to upload module and could not notice any changes.

Finally after looking into code I realised that the flesh upload appears
only if you click on button at the top.

Uploading works great but its tricky to find the upload button :)

I would:
1) remove "upload" from dropdown list if the flash upload is activated

or better

2) if "upload" stays in dropdown list it should bring the flash uploader
and not the standard input file form.

The same if you activate tabs with:
mod.txdamM1_SHARED.useTabs = 1

Clicking on tab "upload" brings the standard input file form. Maybe
after clicking on upload tab flash uploader should be bringed? Maybe
hci/usablility team should be involved to figure out what's better.

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz