[TYPO3-dam-devel] Wake up!

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] peter.kuehn at wmdb.de
Sat Jan 31 17:01:10 CET 2009

Hi Michiel, hi yall,

 > In the mean time . . . please test the following RFC's:
done. since michiel asked me to do so before he left: heres the status
as of now:

@stucki: could you take care for the commits?

 > - a list of issues that can wait for 1.2
- cooperate with the coredevs to rework t3lib/tumbs.php into services
with the goal of having different visual representations of an asset
depending on the install (like display of an included albumcover for
mp3, a capture of the first frame of a video etc.)
- restructure and take over of the cc_*-metaextraction services (see
reminder in

id like to ad a list of issues that imho CANT wait for 1.2 and should be
fixed in a 1.1.2:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9830
(i know, its waiting for me)
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10318
(i discovered this today - imho this is urgent)

@michiel: thnx for kickin ass - sad but true: this is needed every now
and then.

gRTz
pekue

P. sorry if I realy should have disappointed you by being
un-communicative. Since November im trying to catch the attention of the
whoever to finaly solve an issue, that was reported first on 25.01.06
15:02 (think im kiding? see http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2381).
I reported it again, created a patch, send it to the corelist, wrote a
testing environement as requested, wrote an eleven pages documentation
for the testing-env - result: no response at all (except from olly -
thank you guy!). so much for "disappointment" ;)
#10165 is just the spadework to solve the next problem that builds upon
it: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10254

you see: im still DAMned - even though on a parallel building lot ;)