[TYPO3-dam-devel] Switching branches

Michiel Roos [netcreators] michiel at netcreators.com
Mon Jan 12 16:47:48 CET 2009

Ingo Renner schreef:
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>
> Hi Ernesto
>
>> It would be cool to have some list of "deprecated" extensions with the
>> release of DAM 1.1. For example I find:
>>
>> dam_file 0.2.1 by Rene Fritz
>> dam_info 1.0.0 by Rene Fritz
>> dam_demo 1.0.1 by Rene Fritz
>> dam_cron 1.0.2 by Rene Fritz
>
> How about just setting them obsolete then...

A few people are still using the 1.0 branch. This is needed because of
ancient installations with TYPO3 4.1.x and 80+ custom hacked extensions,
fear of upgrading the system etc. . . .

I know I know . . . . ignore . . . . let them upgrade. I guess it's
always a question of time and money.

So, I fixed a bug for the 1.0 branch and released a new version for that
branch too.

Certain extensions will need to stay for those people.

dam_file is already obsolete and rightfully so, because neiter 1.0 or
1.1 require it.

I guess the extension manager coughs up the latest released version at
the bottom of the list in the extension manager. This is a bug in the
extension repository. I feel that the highest version should always be
presented there.

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos

--
Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/