[TYPO3-dam-devel] Q-2-All-Devs - Testing patches Procedure (without shell-usage)

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Thu Feb 5 23:41:59 CET 2009

Ahoi all,

As we all know, testing patches (as provided via the bugtracker) takes
quite some effort/time;
Basic requirements like understanding the Issue and being able to
reproduce the issue/error and writing up some meaningful feedback so the
developers might act upon, can hardly be improoved, other than by eduction.

However I feel, two other requirements could easily improoved for tha
sake of all.

a) Do have a meaningful (=recent) TYPO3+DAM Setup, do have the most
important DAM-FE-Extensions installed, do have "enough" data and
configuration (pages, dam records & categories, be_groups & _users,
languages, filemounts, webmounts, workspaces & all the right
permission-settings - according to the documentation).
Basically think of the TYPO3-Testsite from Kasper (ages ago), however
including all DAM related stuff.
I guess this one could best be solved by providing a tarball (or