[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #10194: Cannot confirm "delete file" operation

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Feb 2 22:46:49 CET 2009

Hi,

> The buttons are there - in the docheader, but I agree, they are too
> separated.
>
> How does the core handle this? That's an issue for all confirmation
> questions.

Having worked in the File module recently, I realised that my early
answer was wrong, I had misunderstood the question.

Michiel's patch is now close to what the core does it. To see how the
core does it I would advise to run a separate instance of TYPO3 without
the DAM. I haven't looked how this happens exactly, but the DAM
overrides the file operations meaning that even if you active the File
module, it handles file operations like the DAM and not like the core.

One thing I noticed that was missing is when creating a new file or a
new folder. There the buttons are still only in the docheader. Apart
from that I had the extra buttons everywhere, even though I had not set
the new option mod.txdamM1_SHARED.displayExtraButtons to 1. Have I
misunderstood something?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter