[TYPO3-dam-devel] Hard-coded reference to cc_devlog in class tx_dam_indexing

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sat Sep 20 10:11:41 CEST 2008

Hi Benni,

> yeah, this way seems nasty. In general, it would be quite cool if
> cc_devlog would be merged with the devlog() in a global Variable, like:

A bit of confusion here maybe... ;-) The devlog does not exists as an
instance of a class or whatever. Writing to the devlog is achieved by
calling the static method t3lib_div::devLog(), which itself just
contains a hook.

Extensions such as cc_devlog or devlog (my fork of cc_devlog since René
has quit) use that hook to do whatever processing they want with the
parameters passed in the call o t3lib_div::devLog(), which are mostly a
message, a degree of severity, an extension key and possible additional
data. Missing from that is a page uid.

When the devLog is called from within the FE context, it is quite easy
to the page uid from the TSFE, but that can't be done in the BE. Hence
the idea to have some global variable to store a page uid into.

> $GLOBALS['T3DEBUG']->log->setPid($pid);
>
> It should be
>  1. general (not bound to an extension)
>  2. but also not be bound to the DAM itself (should be all over the
> place in the TYPO3 core :))

Absolutely my thought. It should be possible to set a pid globally, from
anywhere inside TYPO3 or one of its extensions, and that pid should be
recognizable by any piece of code. But we don't have an instance of any
kind of class, so that would be a simple number.

My question is in which global array should this number be put? Is there
any candidate more likely than another? Could it be $T3_VAR for example?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter