[TYPO3-dam-devel] DAM, slow queries and DBAL

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] mathias at typo3.org
Thu Oct 30 11:16:26 CET 2008

Dan Osipov schrieb:
> First - wrong list to discuss this. It should be posted to the t.p.dam

umm... so you say that substantial and needed changes to the DAM core
are on the same level as
- how do I get categories from dam?
- install problems?
- looking for plugin doing A, B or C from DAM records?

If so, please explain the difference between the two lists.
I understood it as:
- Project: People asking for features, help and support
- Team: Talking to the people who WORK on the DAM

> Second - I have no opinion on the views/no views issue, so I'm for
> anything that improves performance. But this would be a radical change
> to the DAM, and would have to be implemented in 1.2

It is a change to the querybuilder which will feel just like it does now
(except it will work on DAM instances larger than "woaa, got my 100
holiday pictures in DAM").

I call this problem a blocker, since it stops DAM functionality AND
blocks up all DAM requests to the database until the query execution has
been finished.

> I noticed some other file operations that need improvement, and was
> going to work on them after 1.1 is released.

What's the timeline for the roadmap then?
Plus:
If we supply the patch in the near future what's the holdup?

all the best
Mathias

--
T3A AM