[TYPO3-dam-devel] Question: Is the suggestion of ce_flexform still needed?

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Tue Oct 28 21:03:28 CET 2008

Hi Francois,

Francois Suter wrote:

> I looked through the code of the current DAM trunk (and extensions) and
> the only references I found to ce_flexform are the statements to create
> that field and the txdam_addCTypeFlexFormValue() mentioned by Uschi,
> that is located in the EXT:dam/tca_media_fields.php file.
>
> I must say I don't really understand what's going on in that file, but
> it seems like ce_flexform is not used at all. Anyway with the changes in
> 4.2 mentioned above, whatever was done in the past with ce_flexform (if
> ever) could be done in pi_flexform now.
>
> I checked the site of one of my clients which uses DAM 1.0 quite
> extensively (3700+ records in tx_dam), with added extensions such as
> dam_ttcontent, dam_pages and dam_tvconnector. Not a single tt_record has
> anything in the ce_flexform field.
>
> It really seems like we can drop it.

In this case, what needs to be done is a revised patch for 9599

a) removes the suggestion of EXT ce_flexform
b) removes the create statement for tt_content.ce_flexform from
ext_tables.sql
c) changes the default value of the third parameter in
txdam_addCTypeFlexFormValue()

If it was me doing the patch for c I would do

function txdam_addCTypeFlexFormValue($piKeyToMatch,$value,$field='')	{
	global $TCA;
	t3lib_div::loadTCA('tt_content');
	if($field) {
		if (is_array($TCA['tt_content']['columns']) &&
is_array($TCA['tt_content']['columns'][$field]['config']['ds'])) {
			$TCA['tt_content']['columns'][$field]['config']['ds'][$piKeyToMatch]
= $value;
		}
	}
}

But somehow that looks very iffi, so I would prefer if someone of the
full coders could do it.

Once that is done, we put a note in the docs that people can safely
remove ce_flexform?

Prosit,Uschi