[TYPO3-dam-devel] Question: Is the suggestion of ce_flexform still needed?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Oct 28 20:20:36 CET 2008

Uschi Renziehausen wrote: on 28.10.2008 19:57:

> I am still bewildered. The patch just removes the suggestion of
> ce_flexform in ext_emconf.php. But ext_tables.sql of dam will create the
> field and the appropriate $TCA configuration can be found in can be
> found in ext_tables.php and then there is some stuff in
> tca_media_field.php:
>
> function
> txdam_addCTypeFlexFormValue($piKeyToMatch,$value,$field='ce_flexform').

Uschi, as far as I understood, the functionality of ceflexform is part
of the "dam" extension, so no further extension is needed to have this
field added (added to dam by Renè 2006-11-12, ceflexform extension is
from 2006-02-07). So the removal of the suggestion should have been done
at that time.

I don't really understand why this should be part of "dam", but this is
another question. :) I would remove the tt_content additions completely
from "dam" main extension, and add them to dam_ttcontent (e.g.
tx_dam_images and tx_dam_files, which are not used anywhere, as far as I
know).

Cheers,
Ernesto