[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #9646: DAM does not honour config['selectedListStyle'] and config['itemListStyle']

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Mon Oct 27 08:09:59 CET 2008

This is a SVN patch request.
Branches: dam trunk, dam_index trunk
BT Reference:
Problem: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9646

When you try to get larger fields for selected item and the item list
for assigning categories you will not get anywhere whith the usual $TCA
settings
$TCA[theTable]['columns']['config']['selectedListStyle'] and
$TCA[theTable]['columns']['config']['itemListStyle']

This is bad when you try to get larger fields for the category stuff
(selecting a parent category or applying categories to media items)

DAM insists on a width of 200px for the selectedList and a height of
96px for the height of the itemList.

Solution:

Teach tx_dam_tceFunc->getSingleField_selectTree() to respect the
appropriate TCA settings.

How to test this patch:

In an extTables.php loaded after dam define the following:

$GLOBALS['T3_VAR']['ext']['dam']['TCA']['category_config']['itemListStyle']
= 'width:280px;height:400px;';
$GLOBALS['T3_VAR']['ext']['dam']['TCA']['category_config']['selectedListStyle']
= 'width:260px';

Note: I want to put the category selection into an own tab. Especially
the fact that the current itemList is only 96px high just drives me nuts
as an editor.
To get an impression of what I am trying to achieve see the attached
screenshot.

Prosit, Uschi