[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC: #7676: Skin support

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Nov 20 12:00:51 CET 2008

Hi guys,

I have to agree with Steffen,

> On thing else: During reading archives I saw Dan asking, if tabs instead of now drop-down were better.
> IMHO: yes, they were better (sorry for saying this so late).
> It's more obvious, when you see what could be done here for the humble user and also saves 1 click and time for selecting the right entry for the faster user.
> I don't think the tabs are not TYPO3-like. Looked very similar to flexforms ;)
> Just my opinion - IMHO it could also wait till 1.2 if you agree generally..

The problem is that many users have got used to the tabs, which are now
suddenly missing. I think that should have been a no-go, however it's
too late now.

Please bring tabs back and make it configurable, if you don't like them.
I'm convinced that end users (not developers) will prefer it.

In any case it will be neccessary to bring tabs back again. However,
when thinking about what should be the default option, consider asking
the HCI team.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out