[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC: Bugfix: 5527: Go to editing of DAM record from the content element (image)

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri May 2 19:14:36 CEST 2008

Hey all,

again to this problem. I finally tracked it down.

The problem:
No clickmenu is shown when in TCEforms and clicking on the icon of a DAM
indexed file. Why? First of all, once the DAM clickmenu finds out that
this is an indexed file it clears all existing menuItems. Not good (see
the problems with templavoila) but there is no simple solution at hand
yet. Yes, so the DAM replaces the menuItems, and they should be
displayed, BUT there is a displaying constraint in TCEforms to say that
only items XYZ are allowed to be displayed. Well, this information is
completely invalid, as the clickmenu is completely cleared anyway. The
check on the allowance is done after the DAM built its own menuItems,
that's why it's emptying out these.

The solution:
We need to "empty" / clear these displaying constraints (which are
stored in the iParts[3] variable.

The real solution (for those who are interested):
The real solution would be to change the visibility constraints in the
TCEForms (or whereever the clickmenu is used) to add the DAM options
there. Through that we wouldn't even need to clear all existing
menuItems. Unfortunately, as Peter stated, this is not possible in the
Core right now.

Anyway, with the attached patch we can solve the problem for now, it's
not perfect but not too bad either IMHO. Please test and enjoy, it's
quite simple to reproduce.

--
greetings,
benni.