[TYPO3-dam-devel] Is there a way to automatically install T3?

Michiel Roos michiel at netcreators.com
Mon Mar 10 11:13:38 CET 2008

Hi Andreas,

You can do this easily. You can set up a default site with a virgin
dam install. Use this as the base. Then have some script (brush up
your bash skillz) create X new sites (copy paste) and databases.

The script should:
- make X copies of the default db
- make X copies of the default site
- make X copies of the default site config (with a proper domain name)
- modify the localconf.php file in each of the installs.

What just comes to my mind now . . . is setting the typo3_db variable
automagically by including a bit of php in the localconf that sets the
typo3_db based on the root directory name. In this way you could have
the script create the same directory name as the database name, use
one user that has access to all the test db's. This would simplify
your problem somewhat.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Michiel Roos

Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/