[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #8599: Replace dam extension of tx_rtehtmlarea_browse_links by implementation of interface t3lib_browselinkshook]

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Sun Jun 22 02:10:43 CEST 2008

Hi Uschi,
> 1) Whenever a media link is inserted/removed in RTE, DAM should do more
> or less the same thing as it does when an image is inserted via
> dam_ttcontent (that is creating an entry in dam_mm_ref). Thus, we can
> show it under TAB usage and in the Info module.

Links in the RTE may be removed just by backspacing or copying over
them, etc...

I think that updating the dam_mm_ref table would have to be done when
converting links to media tags on the way to the database. The state of
references in the DAM table could be checked and compared to the current
content of the element during this transformation, or at the end of the
transformation, in order to take note of any deletions.

I suppose this applies also to img tags that refer to DAM media (now
with tx-dam attribute).

With kind regards,
Stan