[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC Bugfix: 6639: SQL errors when using List module to create new item

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Feb 12 11:34:04 CET 2008

Hi Peter,

> well, at least i can try by asking: what is the 1-0 branch good for?
> re-releasing the existing version for historical reasons?

I would say it is for those who don't want to fiddle with new features/bugs
on a production site. So yes I think that people may still prefer to stay
with dam_1-0.

However, that doesn't mean that you have to maintain it any further. Just
commit the bugfix and if eventually there will be a need for an update
(e.g. security issue) it will be part of this update.

> from my point of view: whats in the trunk is what will be in the
> upcoming release. the upcoming release will replace the bug with a
> working solution.
> this is the mission as i understand it: to be able to tell the people
> "version 1.0 had bugs. those are fixed in 1.1 - please update"

Trunk will become DAM 1.1, right. However it is filled with lots of new
features, which are likely to introduce new problems. I own a DAM site
which was based on DAM 0.2.something and extended through XCLASSes (done by
René, btw.!) which works well, and I see no need for updating it to version
1.1 in the next weeks/months.

So: No need to maintain dam_1-0, but consider there may still be people who
use it.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out