[TYPO3-dam-devel] Periodical Report #5

Peter Kühn peter.kuehn at wmdb.de
Sat Feb 9 17:02:05 CET 2008

Hi folks,

i hope you see this as good news like i do:

Currently there are 31 open tickets in mantis.

13 describe existing problems that can be solved or already solved or
non-reproducible problems.
We have an existing RFC for *all* these tickets including patches cooked
for *all* the bugs. Please make your votes asaP.

3 tickets are about dam_cat_edit. Id suggest, that we discuss our
options for this module. Imho we could either skip it completely
(tt_news lives without such a feature and no one ever complained) or
rewrite it from scratch. Anyway I would give it no priority above the
release of 1.1 including restructure.

1 ticket relates to cc_metaextract and has to be delayed until all bugs
are fixed and we can focus on the (already unveiled) sv_*
1 ticket should imho be fixed in the extension manager. I tried to get
in contact with the 4.2-team about that.
1 ticket is DBAL/Postgresql related. I would give it no priority above
the release of 1.1 including restructure.
2 tickets are about the upload progress bar. I agree with Rene, who
wrote in a note on ticket #5651 "Displaying the upload progress with PHP
and JavaScript is just ugly. That's why this might not be fixed unless a
good solution is available." and see this as a feature request.
10 tickets are marked as "feature request"

Please focus on the RFCs listed below. If you agree to the above these
are what we need till "mission complete"!
I will attend that process where ever needed.

Imho documentation can be done parallel except the "how to install"
chapter (This process will change if we agree on the sv_* extensions and
the suggested restructuring / integration of dam_index).

gRTz
pekue

-----------------------------------
ich habe fertig

summary:
========

31 open tickets:
  7 RFC patch
  4 RFC already resolved
  2 RFC close as "unable to reproduce"
  1 EM-related
  1 cant be fixed before sv_*
  2 upload progress related
  1 DBAL related
  3 dam_cat_edit related
10 feature requests

Status details Top down:
========================

patch RFC - please react:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5681
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7201
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7443
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7344
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6725
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6766
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5527

RFC resolved - please react:
(http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6199
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7183) same post
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7288
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6639

RFC close as "unable to reproduce" - please react:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6683
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5606

RFC no ticket:
dam_act_edittxt (RCF, 30.12. on this list)

EM-related
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6843

cc_metaextract related:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6004 (cc_metaextract)

dam_cat_edit related:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4869
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6014
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7342

DBAL related:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6148

Upload progress related:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5651
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5697

its not a bug - its a feature (request):
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6573
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4845
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4933
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5607