[TYPO3-dam-devel] Release TYPO3 4.2 and DAM 1.1

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Feb 7 11:47:58 CET 2008

Hi Peter,

> im not shure bout the actual status either cause i dont know any russian
> and it seems like there have been some sort of a hostile acquisition of
> this list ;)

Right. The reason is that currently, only team-members can read the list,
however everybody can post to this list to get in touch with us. And then
the address somehow went public, and was found by some spammers.

Anyway, if nobody objects I suggest we just close this feature, so only
subscribed members can post again. Other users can still post to the
typo3-project-dam list AFTER they have subscribed there.

> first of all: i totaly agree on publishing both projects together. im
> shure thats the best way to go.

Great!

> - looking at PR#3 - which needs an update - i assume that there are less
> then 10 bugs that need some coding. i volunteer for this if we can agree
> on a little more prompt testing and response.

I will test if it is necessary. Still hope that others come first...

> - i published a version of dam with dam_index integrated and the sv_*
> exts on this list as discussed. other than michiel im still convinced
> that we could and should use this as the basis for the upcoming release.
> please vote.

Where can I find this mail?

> - ben is now head of documentation which is great :D
> - sponsoring is allways welcome, but i think we should make a plan that
> works without rather than rely on hireing hands.

I think before looking for sponsors, people need to realize that DAM is
alive, and that things have changed now. Lately it was a dead rock, so
nobody would have invested any money in it.

> ill compile a PR#4 this evening and then: lets go!

Great!

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out